Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Complete and submit application materials to the appropriate agencies within required or recommended timeframes.
- Read all materials sent to you from the Financial Aid Office and other agencies awarding you aid. Read, understand, and keep copies of all forms you sign.
- Know and comply with the rules governing the aid you receive. These rules include but are not limited to the following:
- You must not be in default on any prior educational loan.
- You must not owe a refund on a Federal Pell Grant or a Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant.
- You must provide additional documentation, federal tax transcripts, federal tax returns, W-2s, verification documentation and any additional information if requested by the student financial aid office.
- You must comply with the provisions of any promissory note and all other agreements you sign, including repaying your student loans.
- You must use student financial aid proceeds solely for direct educational costs and related living expenses.
- You must maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- You must report private sources of student financial aid to the student financial aid office.
- You must report any changes in your marital, academic, enrollment, residential or name status.
- You must keep your local and permanent addresses current with the Andover Newton registrar.
All students have the right to:
- have an explanation of the award process,
- be notified of changes in your financial aid status and the reasons for those changes,
- know the conditions of any loan you accept,
- a refund of any credit balance in excess of tuition, fees, on-campus housing, and other authorized charges the school assesses.